Self Destruct in 3,2,1...

Miss Selfridge at ShopStyle



I stood there starring the at the reflection of his face yelling at me. I took another drag of cigarette and exhaled slowly. 

"This is it, never thought this is how my fairytale ends," My heart whispered. 
"So here goes nothing to my everything,"

I have nothing left to lose, so I opt for the little white lie. As I lied on everything he's been wanting to hear, every accusation that he has thrown to me, I could feel the hatred of how much he despised me growing. 

He cried and cursed. I stare blankly, without expression. It’s not that it wasn’t killing me. But one knows when it’s a lost cause. How much further can we go anyway?

“Might as well I play along with his delusion,” my thoughts whispered softly consoling myself of the decision I made. 

Although my heart was breaking, I kept reasoning to myself.

“If I don’t end this, it will keep doing this to him. He will keep coming up with more appalling accusations. This is better, he’ll be happier.”

I watched him walk away from my life. I could see him moving further away, till he is no longer in my vision. That was the last time we saw each other. 

I sat there on that stoop, pretending to be strong. Inhaling one cigarette and then another. The floodgate opens, but nothing comes out. It was getting colder and darker but I felt the warmness stealing me over.

I stared out into the street, the image of him leaving me playing in my head over and over again. Like a reminder to myself that it is over. As that is the end to my love story,  it was the beginning of my path to self destruction.